Business Development Intern
ExpiWell is a Purdue University-based startup and our team is building a platform the will become the new standard in real-time data collection and research. Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform and mobile app help institutions and researchers understand, identify and interpret people’s day-to-day experiences. Our quickly growing customer base includes all types of research teams and institutions, ranging from public research-intensive universities to research centers to government agencies and NGOs. The common thread among our customer base is an urgent need to get better data about how people live their everyday lives.
We are currently looking to expand our sales and marketing team and searching for an entrepreneurially-minded business development intern!
The Business Development Intern will execute sales opportunities and drive revenue growth. This position is responsible for 4 core areas:
• Effectively position our value proposition to our target audiences via email, video, and phone
• Assist team members to advance prospects through sales pipeline
• Help execute marketing campaigns to drive leads and raise awareness of our product
• Help create, manage and maintain CRM databases and systems
• Lend a hand in all areas of the business, if/when needed
In-Bound: Convert Existing Leads
• Respond to in-bound leads generated by digital marketing
• Independently run product demos and respond to questions
• Consistently conduct follow-ups to help secure partnerships
Out-Bound: Generate New Leads
• Independently drive revenue through new business identification
• Research potential clients and strategic partners
• Identify key individuals as prospects utilizing on-line resources (e.g., LinkedIn)
• Generate qualified leads through direct outreach (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.)
Nurture: Maintain & Grow Client Relationships Post-Sale
• Help with new client implementation, training, onboarding and on-going support
• Deliver effective account management/customer success
• Capture product feedback from clients and relay back to internal product specialists
• BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, similar field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• 0-3 years of advancing experience in business-related role.
• Experience with CRM platforms, such as, Zoho CRM, Salesforce or Hubspot not required but a plus.
• Proficiency with email communication and designing email-marketing campaigns a plus.
• Position requires someone who is self-motivated to learn new areas as we grow.
• Someone who can learn quickly and wear multiple hats in a startup environment.
• Experience conducting or managing research projects also a big plus.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Interested individuals should submit their resume and three references to email@example.com. Please also visit our site at app.expiwell.com.
ExpiWell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.