Electrical Engineer (full-time)
- Goal: Improve robot’s safety, cost, and usability with a variety of projects
- Identify problems, solve them, design solutions, build them, test them, repeat.
- Work independently but tackle big challenges with collaboration
- Convert projects into weekly goals and produce progress every week
- Mix of office research & design with hands-on build and testing.
Examples of Potential Projects:
- PCB Board to control driving
- Replace PLC & field wiring with CAN network
- Mini PCB Board for a variety of sensors
- Obstacle detection PCB board
- Optimize closed loop control systems for latency and accuracy
- Great communicator, problem definer and solver, core values fit
- Breakdown problems with physics, trig, calculus & algebra
- Test design & execution, sometimes in the elements
- Data analysis & presentation in a modern tool (excel, matlab, sheets etc)
- Electrical: Circuits, PCB’s, Transistor Logic, Power Mgmt and Conversion, Schematics, wire termination / connectors.
- Network Topology & Low Level Design: CAN, RS232, SPI, I2C, etc
- Signals: Analysis, Conditioning, Noise Mgmt
- Controls: Closed Loop Control (PID), Ladder Logic, Sensor feedback
- Fabrication: Willing (if not able) to build things at Rogo - soldering, assembly, etc
- Projects: PCB design & implementation, Microcontrollers, Robotics/machine control, Design for Ruggedization: vibration- & water-proofing
- Systems: CAN or other Bus, General networking (wired & wireless), ROS
- Eagle Software Experience
Start Date & Location
- Start in May 2020
- Willing to work in Wolcott, IN / Lafayette, Indiana area
Compensation / Benefits
- Full-Time Salary (based on market, experience, & skill)
- PTO - Flexible Vacation Plan (Self-managed as long as you get your work done)
- Work with exciting Ag-technology for a purpose.
- Work with an amazing, quickly growing team.
- Challenge yourself to grow in many different areas.