Software Engineer (Part-time)
POSTED: January 2, 2020
BUSINESS: Rogo Ag
POSITION TYPE: Part-time
START DATE: Immediate Availability
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- Rogo is an Ag-Tech company that helps farmers apply fertilizer more efficiently. To do that, we build and operate autonomous robots that have collected over 100K acres of soil samples within the past year.
- Meet our quickly growing team at https://www.rogoag.com/team that is headquartered in West Lafayette, IN.
- Our team respects each other deeply, while at the same debating ideas fiercely to get to the best solution. At Rogo, a growth mindset >> knowledge and real results >> effort.
- Join us on our path to improve both Precision Agriculture and the peoples’ lives we touch along the way (including our own team).
- Overall: Take ownership of specific software projects at Rogo and make the robotic system more efficient & effective, safer and easier to use.
- Modify and build software that controls & monitors robot’s navigation and actions
- Operate in Agile/Scrum framework to deliver chunks of business value
- Examples of Potential Projects:
- Implement custom map integration to enable more efficient job scheduling
- Integrate barcode reader to track and identify individual packaged samples
- Modify web application to present operators with a daily schedule and other information
- Current stack: Python on ROS Melodic on Linux Ubuntu for Robot control, PLC Ladder Logic for Sampler Control, Python/Flask/ReactJS for mission prep and interaction
- Real Project Experience in: Front end web development/Full stack development, databases
- Bonus Skills (not required): docker, ROS, C/C++, UML, PLC ladder logic
- Mindset: Humble to learn broadly and hungry for results
- Start Date: Early January. Posted Dec. 25th, 2019
- Work with exciting Ag-technology for a purpose.
- Work with an amazing, quickly growing team.
- Challenge yourself to grow in many different areas.