Supply Chain Manager
NutraMaize is on a mission to transform the United States’ largest staple crop – corn – into a platform for delivering better nutrition on a population-wide scale. NutraMaize is a high-growth early-stage company commercializing a more nutritious, better tasting, variety of non-GMO Orange Corn. The bright color of NutraMaize’s Orange Corn comes from significantly increased levels of carotenoids, the same kind of natural antioxidant pigments that give carrots their color and well-known health benefits. Orange Corn was originally developed by NutraMaize’s cofounder, Purdue Professor Torbert Rocheford, as part of an ongoing humanitarian effort to help alleviate micronutrient deficiencies in low-income countries (harvestplus.org). Now NutraMaize is bringing the benefits of Orange Corn to the US through a line of premium milled products marketed under the brand Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn (professortorberts.com). NutraMaize produces its products through contract production, but oversees all aspects of its value chain from the development of new seed varieties to the marketing of finished product.
- Ensure stable, responsive, safe and efficient supply chain
- Optimize and manage contract suppliers
- Establish robust processes to scale this growing business
- Forecast demand and plan production
- Ensure quality products are shipped
- Streamline inventory management
- Reduce costs and cycle time
- 10 years or more of experience in supply chain management; ideally in food production
- BS degree or equivalent in related field; ideally a certified supply chain professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team skills
- Ability to work in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding, reliable service
This is a part-time position that reports to the CEO. The position is primarily remote, but the ideal candidate would be located in the central Midwest. NutraMaize is located in West Lafayette, Indiana. Competitive wages.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to:
NutraMaize CEO, Evan Rocheford (Evan@NutraMaize.com).