Website Adipo Therapeutics
Sr. Formulation Scientist
Adipo Therapeutics, an Indiana-based, small business, is seeking a dedicated scientist to share its mission of developing a novel treatment for type 2 diabetes (T2D) and obesity through a clinically translatable technology platform of polymer-based Notch-inhibiting nanoparticles (NP). Working at Adipo, you will directly contribute to research focused on developing a breakthrough therapy in close collaboration with the company founder, Meng Deng, Ph.D.
The Adipo therapy is in preclinical development. A substantial focus of the role will be supporting the optimization of the NP formulation, and in vitro efficacy evaluation of the drug product. The position will be located in dedicated lab space at the Indiana Bioscience Research Institute (IBRI) in Indianapolis. The research team will be sharing open office and lab space on the same floor as the IBRI Diabetes Center (IDC) at IU School of Medicine’s Biotechnology Research & Training Center (BRTC) in Indianapolis.
- Adipo Therapeutics: https://adipotherapeutics.com/
- Dr. Meng Deng: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ABE/people/ptProfile?resource_id=94877
- IBRI: https://www.indianabiosciences.org/
The Senior Formulation Scientist is responsible for leading the Adipo Research laboratory which is located at IBRI building in Indianapolis, Indiana. This position will lead and oversee all activities for Adipo within this laboratory.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility is to develop, conduct, and optimize polymer-based nanoparticle formulation. Work includes in vitro and in vivo research work, characterization of NP in terms of size, zeta potential, morphology, drug loading, drug release, and bioactivity in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo.
- Manage the laboratory with all equipment and resources needed to support the goals of the company.
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific data.
- Assist in the transfer of the formulation process and scale up to drug product CMO
- Assist in writing and submitting scientific grants.
- Other duties as determined by the team.
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Science, or other related areas
- Track record of research experience in design and evaluation of polymeric drug delivery systems as evidenced by high quality publications.
- Experience in polymeric nanoparticle generation and characterization
- Ability to work independently to craft and troubleshoot experiments.
- Experience in cell culture and analysis
- Strong data analysis and data communication skills
- Experience in utilizing high content imaging equipment (e.g. fluorescence microscope, TEM)
- Experience developing protocols and analyzing images to generate study reports and figures
To apply, please send the following documents in a single pdf file: (i) a cover letter stating your research experience, research interests and career plan, and (ii) curriculum vitae along with contact information for at least three references. to Adipo Therapeutics at mdeng@AdipoTherapeutics.com
Adipo Therapeutics is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to AMGoldenstein@prf.org