Website Continuity Pharma
Continuity Pharma is a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company at the forefront of applying advanced technology to ensure the availability of critical medicines for patients and resolve drug shortages in the U.S. Our innovative drug manufacturing processes use high throughput techniques to rapidly identify efficient synthesis routes for producing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) at commercial scale using continuous flow methods. Continuity Pharma’s novel technology is more efficient than most batch manufacturing
methods and yields improved drug quality. Our flexible, modular production systems require only a fraction of the physical footprint, while accelerating time-to-market,
strengthening the domestic drug supply chain, and enhancing U.S. manufacturing competitiveness.
Continuity has partnered with like-minded stakeholders in this enterprise. Continuity was launched from the lab of David Thompson at Purdue University, and maintains its R&D site
in West Lafayette, Indiana. As a founding member of the API Innovation Center @ Cortex, a non-profit organization headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, we are well positioned to
deliver market-competitive commercial supply of US-made APIs to address national health security. Through a collaborative network of companies and academic research
institutions, Continuity is effectively creating the solutions to resolve drug supply chain fragility. Exceptional individuals who are eager to apply their skills, expand their
experience, and embrace change are welcome to apply for positions with Continuity.
This position will be part of the Core Team, reporting to the Core Team Lead. The Chemical Engineer will develop continuous flow manufacturing platforms for API targets, including the following deliverables:
- Scout methods for isolating chemical intermediates and high purity API in the context of continuous flow
- Develop crystallization techniques and handling methods to achieve desired morphs and particle size distribution
- Evaluate and identify process analytical tools to guide efficient continuous manufacture
- Collaborate with the Technical Development Team to establish telescoped unit operations for continuous pilot scale operations and expert consult for further scale up
- Establish methodologies to reduce development cycle time
- As an integrated part of a start-up company, position responsibilities may take on new and expanded elements as the company matures
- PhD or Masters in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in pharma/fine chemical process development
- Experience in API purification
- Experience in developing seeded cooled crystallization of API
- Experience in isolating API at pilot and commercial scales
- Experience in method development/validation of flow process applications preferred
- Experience in employing parallel experimentation
- Demonstrated ability to search the scientific literature and develop new methodologies
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in writing clear and succinct standard operating procedures (SOPs), test methods, technical protocols, and reports
- Competent in Microsoft Office Programs; Microsoft Project is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Well organized, adaptive team player
- Ability to learn new skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to take instruction
- Positive impact on coworker relationships
- Experience (5 yrs+) in the pharmaceutical or biomedical industry
- Continuous Flow Manufacturing experience, specifically research, development and/or manufacturing experience
Any successful candidate must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to a changing work environment, commitment to collaboration and shared ownership of outcomes, and the courage necessary to challenge the model of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Full time position, located in West Lafayette, Indiana, with some travel to other company sites on an as-needed basis
- Pay will be established commensurate with the experience of the candidate
- PTO / Holidays are tracked, though we expect we’ll be working a lot! Maximum PTO accumulation is 160 hours.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company support.
Background check/ drug test prior to start date.
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and/or industrial references will be needed upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Statement
Continuity Pharma, LLC is an EOE. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to AMGoldenstein@prf.org