Overview: Gropod is in the first stage of a massive revolution in food, health, and agriculture rooted in freeing individuals and families from commercialized farming and monopolized food industries. We empower people to take control of their own health and wellness by providing easy access to healthy food that may otherwise be inaccessible, all within the convenience and eco-friendly environment of one’s own home. Our products are not only engineered to optimize plant growth, minimize energy consumption, reduce water usage, and enhance nutrition, but also for optimal ease of use. Simply insert a seed pod, let the plant grow, then harvest fresh produce in about 30 days without the need for prior gardening expertise.
Position title: Computer Vision Scientist
Job Description: Gropod is seeking a candidate with experience in computer vision and deep learning to work directly with the Director of Plant Science, who is the lead on our projects in computer vision and deep learning. The candidate will work on expanding and developing components of our computer vision system, developing machine learning algorithms, influencing design of computer vision hardware, and developing software. Priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of deep learning and the ability to optimize models for best performance, especially on edge devices. The candidate must be a versatile problem solver, equipped with a strong analytical approach to complex problems.
This is an in-person, full-time salaried position at our location in Evansville, IN.
- MS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong programming skills in Python including Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with PyTorch or TensorFlow, preference to PyTorch, but either is relevant
- Strong understanding of deep learning architectures and algorithms
- Experience with OpenCV and/or PlantCV
- Enjoys technical challenges and working on a small team, building and managing relationships to navigate delivery dependencies
- Adept at creative and critical thinking, self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a technical orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to filter and distill meaningful information to various audiences
- Experience with PyTorch for image-based deep learning.
- Experience using AWS for machine learning
- Experience deploying deep learning models on edge devices
- Ability to learn new technologies on the job and then teach others so that the whole team benefits
- Salary: $90k – $110k depending on skills and experience, higher offers may be made for highly qualified candidates
- Options for equity in a high growth company leading innovation in an emerging market
- 401(k) plan
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Being part of a movement towards a more sustainable future, where fresh produce is grown right in your own home
Gropod is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to AMGoldenstein@prf.org