Overview: Gropod is in the first stage of a massive revolution in food, health, and agriculture rooted in freeing individuals and families from commercialized farming and monopolized food industries. We empower people to take control of their own health and wellness by providing easy access to healthy food that may otherwise be inaccessible, all within the convenience and eco-friendly environment of one’s own home. Our products are not only engineered to optimize plant growth, minimize energy consumption, reduce water usage, and enhance nutrition, but also designed for optimal ease of use. Simply insert a pod, let the plant grow, then harvest fresh produce in about 30 days without the need for prior gardening expertise.
Position title: Research Associate
Job Description: Gropod is seeking a candidate with an eye for detail and an interest in plant science. Prior research experience or agricultural/gardening experience is ideal. Computer programming for data analysis in R or Python is desirable. The candidate will work on the Plant and Data Science team, under the supervision of the Director of Plant Science. Primary responsibilities will include conducting plant growth experiments, collecting and curating data, and general plant care. Additional responsibilities, based on ability, include equipment maintenance and repair, computational data analysis, working with hardware such as Raspberry Pis for quick prototyping, and experimental data analysis.
This is an in-person, full-time salaried position at our location in Evansville, IN.
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Agricultural Engineering, or similar, or equivalent experience (any major may apply with the relevant experience)
- Interest in working with plants and improving the current agricultural system
- Attention to detail and high quality record keeping skills
- Adept at creative and critical thinking, self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to filter and distill meaningful information to various audiences
- Enjoys technical challenges and working on a small team, building and managing relationships to navigate delivery dependencies
- Experience growing plants in hydroponic systems
- Data analysis using programs such as R or Python
- Hands on experience working with electronics or hardware such as Raspberry Pis
- Ability to maintain or repair equipment as needed
- 3D printing experience
- Salary: $40,000-$50,000 (depending on experience and skill sets)
- Options for equity in a high growth company leading innovation in an emerging market
- 401(k) plan
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Being part of a movement towards a more sustainable future, where fresh produce is grown right in your own home
Gropod is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to AMGoldenstein@prf.org