Website M3SIM LLC
M3SIM LLC is a young startup company that develops cutting-edge software enabling the simulation of complex physical systems. Our innovative computational platform leverages fractional order mathematics to solve the most complex physical simulations while allowing unprecedented capabilities in terms of multiphysical coupling and multiscale resolution.
While still in its infancy, M3SIM offers a high-tech, very dynamic environment where employees can play a major role in shaping the future of the company. M3SIM is based in West Lafayette (IN) although it operates in a rather decentralized way and allows partial or full remote working. If you are a self-driven, very collaborative individual who strives to make an impact on future technologies come join us and help us develop the future of computer simulations.
About the position:
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the engineering team in a variety of tasks including the development of C++ source codes and Graphical User Interfaces (GUI). The candidate will report directly to the chief engineer. More specific tasks include:
- Contribute to the main decisions concerning the development of the software platform.
- Translate to C++ existing source codes.
- Optimizing source codes for performance.
- Develop Python-based GUIs.
- Support other software related needs as they arise.
Degree and experience
- Preferably a MS degree (or PhD) in Computer Science or in other engineering disciplines but with a strong background in programming.
- Desired experience 5+ years.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and MATLAB.
- Ability to read, execute, and translate codes across platforms.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms to optimize computational performance.
- Ability to develop fast algorithms for matrix connectivity and multiplication (and other algebraic or logical transformations) of sparse matrices.
- Fundamental knowledge of interpolation and extrapolation of vector-valued functions in high-dimensional spaces.
Additional desired skills
- Basic knowledge of the Finite Element Method (FEM) and of its implementation in a computer code.
- Data processing for 3D visualization of vector/scalar data.
- Knowledge and design of encryption algorithms.
Type of Position, Compensation, and Work Authorization:
- This is a full-time temporary contract for a period of 6 months. Extension and/or conversion to a permanent contract are possible as the company keeps expanding.
- The compensation will be commensurate with the candidate experience.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US without requiring company support.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and an updated resume (including three names of potential reference writers; references will not be contacted before requesting explicit consent from the candidate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com